I am teaching the anatomy and physiology portion of this training (about 16 hours). Here is the description:
Welcome! Working with women during the special time of pregnancy is such a joy. It offers unique challenges and is incredibly rewarding. You will emerge from this training with the practical tools and confidence to teach prenatal classes. We'll explore various facets of this work – gaining a deep sense of the experience of pregnancy in our culture, how to create sacred space for women to honor their transformation to motherhood, and the powerful support that yoga offers to women throughout their childbearing year. This training is appropriate for yoga teachers, fitness instructors, doulas, and childbirth educators. This training will be of benefit to anyone looking to expand their skills working with pregnant women.
Trainees will learn to:
• Connect deeply with a pregnant woman's experience and teach from a compassionate, empathetic place
• Understand the culture of pregnancy and birth in the US, other parts of the world, and how cultural norms affect a woman's experience
• Safely instruct pre-natal classes, modify poses for pregnancy, and offer hands on assists to pregnant students
• Anatomy of pregnancy and birth
• Instruct pregnant students in regular classes
• Contraindications, cautions and safety during pregnancy
• Address common pregnancy related complaints (tight hips, leg cramps, morning sickness, etc) with yoga
• Teach specialty classes/workshops in restorative yoga and pre-natal partner yoga
• Teach yoga for labor and birth preparation
• Gain confidence through practice teaching and critique
• Teaching skills unique to pre-natal yoga
• Guide birth visualizations and meditations
• Find your authentic teaching voice, specific to pre-natal instruction
• Pranyama practices for pregnancy
• View pregnancy and birth as the sacred transformative time that it is, and how yoga and mindfulness practices can empower women to embody and embrace this time
Andrea Dixon (E-RYT 500), birth and postpartum doula,and holistic health coach will be leading the training in Prenatal Yoga.
This is an 85 hour training in accordance with Yoga Alliance standards. It will be offered one weekend a month for four months.
February 27-March 1, 2015
March 27-29, 2015
April 24-26, 2015
May 29-31, 2015
Early bird (paid in full by 12/1/2014): $975
Regular (paid in full by 2/20/2015): $1200
Cancellations made up to two weeks before the start of the training will be refunded less $150 processing fee.
Cancellations made within two weeks of the start of the program will be refunded 50%
Cancellations made once the program begins will not be refunded.